Here are 10 traits you will find in highly successful Children’s Ministers. The good news is all of us can learn and acquire these traits.
- They lead from the inside out. Their leadership flows from their relationship with Christ. They guard and protect this above all else.
- They are lifelong learners. They know they will never arrive and are constantly reading, asking questions, and seeking to grow.
- They know how to cast vision. They can rally people behind a common cause.
- They are loyal. They are loyal to their Pastor, staff, volunteers, and other church leaders.
- They know how to lead up. They make a difference not only in Children’s Ministry, but in the entire church.
- Longevity. They avoid moral pitfalls that would cause them to forfeit their ministry. They maintain a sustainable ministry pace that allows them to go the distance.
- Humility. They are confident, but not cocky.
- They are team builders. They know how to build a thriving staff and volunteer team.
- Passion. They have passion that is contagious.
- They lead adults well. They are just as good with adults as they are kids.
What other traits do you believe help a Children’s Minister succeed? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.