Wouldn’t it be great if your preteens could memorize a scripture and have a great time doing it?
Here’s a game that is fairly simple to set up, but the results are memorable—not just the fun and messiness of the game, but the scripture, too.
This will work for almost any scripture that you’re trying to help your preteens to memorize.
Get ready to have a blast memorizing scriptures with your preteens!
“Fix these words of mine on your hearts and minds.” —Deuteronomy 11:18a
Preteen Youth Group Game: Messy Scripture Memorization
This game is so much fun, and every preteen in your group will have a scripture of your choice memorized when the game is over.
Supplies You’ll Need:
1. Balloons. Anywhere from six to 10 balloons will work well, depending on the verse you choose.
2. A Sharpie.
3. Balloon Fill Supplies. You can choose whatever you’d like, as long as it will fit inside of a balloon. Be creative. Here are a few ideas:
- A Small Amount of Water
- Whipped Cream
4. A Needle or tack. Anything that’s sharp enough to pop a balloon.
- Choose a verse that your group will memorize.
- Inflate the balloons with air and put your balloon fill supplies inside.
- (NOTE: You don’t need to fill the balloon entirely with the supply—a little confetti goes a long way when you pop a balloon. You can fill all the balloons with the same filling, or you can fill each balloon with something different. You could also leave one or more balloons empty.)
- Write the words of the verse on the balloons, one or two words per balloon.
- Place the needle somewhere that it will be easy for you to grab during the game without being noticed.