- Focus on intense volunteer recruitment
- Continue to assess effectiveness of program
- Schedule appointments to meet with and interview adults who need to transition out of youth ministry
- Begin monthly trainings for staff and volunteers
- Begin assessing inclusion opportunities for summer children’s ministry experiences
- Work with respective ministry leaders to discuss opportunities for smaller small group sizes
- Continue staff and volunteer training events
- Continue researching what is needed to make summer experiences inclusive
- Schedule meetings/interviews with identified adults with special needs who attend worship
Months 10 – 12:
- Continue outstanding items from previous months
- Reassess all aspects of current plan for ministry
- Revisit needs and goals of ministry (What is going well? What needs to change?)
- Explore additional long term ministry opportunities:
- Respite care
- Mother’s day out
- Day camps
- Parent support groups
- Questions for our team:
How can we improve the ministry for the kids?
What is better now than one year ago?
How do we move forward?
What kids are we currently serving?
What consistent volunteers do we have?
Commitment luncheon for special needs ministry?
This article originally appeared here.