Then the SWOT analysis is for you!!!
But seriously a great place to start is a SWOT. Contrary to what you might think this has nothing to do with slapping anyone’s wrists or destroying insects, but instead has everything to do with gaining a little focus for your ministry.
Simple Overview Time!
SWOT = Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
Ask yourself some questions about each of these.
- What would the community say are the strengths of our ministry?
- What assets do we possess? (financial, property, key relationships, or maybe just awesome people)?
- What needs are we meeting in the community?
- We are incredible at…
- What would the community say are some weaknesses that are present?
- Do we have any liabilities?
- Are there some needs that are obvious that we are not meeting?
- We are pretty much bad at…
- Are there trends in your community that you can support, be a part of, or contribute to?
- Are there needs in the community that we can meet that no one else is?
- What opportunities are there in the community that align with out strengths?
- We could really do…
- Any community trends that could hinder your impact?
- Long Term Plans?
- What is the plan after this leadership is gone?
- We could do this, but…
Again this is a pretty basic SWOT. But it’s a great place to start the process and gives you some nice ideas with where to go from where you are now!
Hope this helps you out. Have you ever been a part of a SWOT analysis? Give me some details, let me know what the process was like.