Yesterday (Sunday) we launched our Recruiting Efforts for the NEW Children’s Ministry Program for the fall. As you can see from recent posts I am now serving at Gulf to Lake Church in Crystal River, Florida. Most of the work to-date has involved a total remodel of the physical Elementary CM space – check out the phot0s in previous posts. We are aiming for an August 14 start date (Wow! that’s getting close!).
So, with the remodel well under way it was time to begin shaping the program that will inhabit the NEW space. Well, to accomplish that we need Volunteers who are ready to jump into the ministry and serve kids and families. As I have worked through this process here are some Key Components to Success:
1. Senior Pastor Support – it is critical to have a Senior Pastor who recognizes and understands the value of a top-flight Children’s Ministry
2. Clear Vision – knowing where you desire to lead people allows you to paint an attractive picture
3. Recruiting Plan – mapping out how to communicate the needs, values, & positions
4. Access – being given “Prime Time” to communicate your message is vital
5. Interviews & Placement – once you have people responding the interview is the key
As stated above we began our Recruiting Launch yesterday and had an incredible response. We had 40+ people turn in contact forms indicating their desire to serve. I will follow-up each of these by scheduling an appointment to discuss their involvement. The specific steps we took to get this response:
1. Created a Bulletin Insert detailing the positions
2. Scheduled time in the Worship Service for the announcement
3. Senior Pastor Bertine directed everyone to take out the insert
4. Played the Recruiting Video posted here at CM Buzz
5. Senior Pastor Bertine referred again to the insert and asked people to respond
We are encouraged by the response received to our first request and anticipate utilizing the same strategy for a second week. My next steps include individual interviews and training for specific roles in our Children’s Ministry. So what would you add to this list? Click on the Comments Button above and share your thoughts. What are some things that have worked best for you? Check back often to follow our progress!