I am not sure if you are like me and you get more email that you care to have. I get around 150 emails a day 60 are semi-junk, 20 are straight up junk the rest need my attention. I find email one of the most unproductive time killing, concentration breakers. I decided to do a few things to help me focus on what I am doing.
1. Unsubscribe from all those newsletters from the stores you shop at. To do this either find the unsubscribe link on the bottom of each email or head over to unsubscribe.com you can sign up and forward your unwanted emails to email@example.com or install a unsubscribe button.
2. Use Folders to sort your mail or use otherinbox.com to scan your email box and sorts it for you helping you focus on the emails that are most important first.
3. Schedule two or three times in a day to check your mail don’t constantly check your mail all day.
4. Add emails that need a followed up email to a to-do list and don’t feel that you have to respond at that moment.
5. Ultimately if you have more email than you have time you may need to enlist some help. You can have your assistant do this if you have one or look into getting a digital assistant.