If you have read my blog for any amount of time you would know that I am a huge fan of Andy Stanley.
He started a new series on his greatest hits podcast called “It Came from Within” In the first message of this series he talks about how we are trained to change our behavior and to filter our speech but never to watch our heart. Solomon the wisest man who ever lived exhorted us to “Above all things, guard your heart for out of it flows the issues of life.”
He ended his talk with some practical questions he asks his kids. They are powerful and need to be asked by parents to their kids but need to be answered by parents first. I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me on a couple of them hopefully he does the same for you.
Here are Andy’s questions.
1. Is everything ok in your heart.
2. Are you mad at anyone?
3. Are you waiting around for someone to come to you to make things right?
4. Have you had any extended imaginary conversations with anyone lately?”
5. Do things come out of your mouth on a regular basis that you have to apologize for?
6. Have you secretly celebrated someones failure?
7. Anything going on you hope no one discovers?
8. Is there a question you hope no one ever asks you?
9. Have you lied recently to someone you love?