6. Don’t talk only about your church.
Pastors, when people become Facebook friends with you, it’s because they want to engage with you—a real person—not a spokesperson for your church.
7. Don’t share everything posted to the church FB page.
Even if you post personal updates to your Facebook profile, don’t repost every church update as well. Some, yes—all, no.
8. Don’t talk just about yourself.
When you go to a social event, do you like hanging around with people who only talk about themselves and never ask you about you? Don’t be one of those people online either.
The disingenuous things to avoid to not ruin your reputation on Facebook …
9. Don’t act like your life is perfect.
Nobody is perfect, and everyone knows it. If you act like everything is good all the time, you’ll be perceived as inauthentic, wearing a mask.
10. Don’t act like you’re always “joyful in the Lord.”
Nobody is happy all the time either.
11. Don’t act like you have all the answers.
Nobody likes a know-it-all either. Share insight and advice when asked. Be confident but not arrogant.
See Page Three for the offender things to avoid to not ruin your reputation on Facebook …