I can’t even fathom the impact the church could have on the world if every Christian discovered the joy of generosity.
Seriously, take a minute to think about it.
Imagine what Christian outreach might look like if the church wasn’t constrained by a lack of financial resources.
Here’s a fact:
But those dollars are useless unless you discover the joy of generosity.
Culture gives you a thousand and one reasons not to give.
Well, here are 10 powerful reasons why I think Christians should love to give.
1. Giving shows God that He is first in your life.
God is a jealous God. He wants to be first, even before our love of money.
2. Giving allows you to have an eternal impact regardless of your talents or income level.
You may not be able to preach a sermon, play an instrument or lead a choir in worship, but it takes nothing more than a commitment to give.
3. Giving reminds you that God is the source of provision, not your own capabilities.
There is no provision without God.
You and I were born greedy. We need to remind ourselves often that God owns it all.
4. Giving helps you document God’s blessings in your life.
As you grow in your generosity and faithfulness, God uses you to accomplish even greater Kingdom work.
5. Giving prepares you for future (and bigger) ministry opportunities.
How can God entrust you with greater responsibilities if you struggle to do what He’s already so plainly told you to do?