8. Social Justice Is Not Just a Fad.
Connected to #4, but my opinion is that especially within the Church/faith community, this shift towards the “living out” of the Gospel through justice and mercy is here to stay.
9. A New Generation of Employees Expects a “Social Workplace.”
This is a reality of a new generation, according to Tim Elmore is his great book Generation iY :
– Experiential- all about the 5 senses. Sensory engagement is critical and a reality in terms of what Millenials have grown up with and desire.
– Participatory– want an experience to be customized. Millenials have grown up in a participatory culture. They don’t just listen, but actually want to participate. This is very important in terms of creating a work environment/team culture that is attractive to 20-somethings.
– Image-Rich– all about pictures, video, large screens, large TV’s, high res pics on your phone, etc. Pictures/video are an incredibly powerful learning medium for Millenials, vs. just text. Especially in terms of memory.
– Connected– information is constant for Millenials. Text, Facebook, Twitter, phone, e-mail. This can be both a positive and a negative.