1. He refuses to admit his mistakes.
2. He begins to blame the problems on people or circumstances rather than actually seeking out what the problem might be.
3. He refuses to listen to the team assembled around him.
4. He fights every idea that isn’t his own, thinking his originality is what must keep the church afloat.
5. He refuses to face reality.
6. He is unwilling to make the necessary changes because it would be highly unpopular.
7. He tries to listen to what everyone has to say about every situation.
8. He begins to believe God’s favor on his life is because of how good he is rather than because of how good God is!
9. He believes he can’t learn anything from churches that are smaller than his. (This would be arrogance!)
10. He abuses his staff to accomplish his agenda rather than leading them to accomplish God’s.