Submission to God’s authority is demonstrated by:
• A husband who cheerfully accepts his God-given role as the chief servant and head of household who loves and leads his wife (Eph. 5:25-29); Col. 3:19).
• A father who nurtures and disciplines his children (Eph. 6:4; Col. 3:21).
• A wife who cheerfully accepts her God-given role as submissive helper, and who respects, honors and follows her husband’s leadership (Eph. 5:22-24; Col. 3:18).
• A mother who nurtures and disciplines her children (Titus 2:3-5).
• Parents who desire to please God more than be accepted by their children (1 Sam. 2:27-30).
• Citizens who obey civil government (Rom. 13:1; 1 Pet. 2:13-15).
• Church members who honor and obey their shepherds (Heb. 13:17).
• Employees who work diligently and obey their employers (Eph. 6:5-8; Col. 3:22-24).
9 – A family that fears the Lord and is, therefore, blessed by Him (Ps. 128:1-4).
[Note: The audio files from the seminar “Engaging the Hearts of Our Kids” are available here.]