5. He commits to abide in the word of truth.
6. He commits to growth and production, especially spiritual fruit.
“By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.” (John 15:8)
7. He commits to carry out God’s mission.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matt 28.19–20″>Matthew 28:19–20)
8. He commits to love others faithfully.
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13.34–35″>John 13:34–35)
9. He commits to brotherhood and community.
Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24–25)