For More Information
CENTERS OF DISEASE CONTROL
KEEPING YOUR CHURCH MEMBERS HEALTHY
It is imperative to communicate these specific recommendations to your people.
1. Please don’t come if you have a fever or cough.
2. If you have these symptoms, contact your health provider:
• Shortness of breath
Since there is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Follow these CDC guidelines:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
• CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
• Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing “Happy Birthday” twice), especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.