A few thoughts here on Super Bowl Sunday (not completely excited about either team…but PUMPED about the commercials!)
- We saw over 50 people come to Christ today…and…you guessed it, that NEVER gets old!
- We were honored to have Christine Caine with us today…and she BROUGHT IT!
- I LOVE her passion for the local church!
- LOVED having LOS lead in worship at the Anderson campus…and I think he liked it, even though people were calling him “Daruis Rucker!” 🙂
- Next week Christine will be speaking about human trafficking and what the churches responsibility is in regards to it…CAN’T WAIT!
- Some of the things she said today that really stuck out to me were…
- “We do not want our church to one day be a monument of what God used to do.”
- “Passion deficiency syndrome has hit the church.”
- “Did you see the movie, ‘The Passion of the Christ.” Did you notice it was not called, “The Boring Religious Obligation of the Christ.’”
- “I am not a product of time, I am a product of eternity!”
- “We often times prefer to visit with God on Sunday rather than have Him invade our lives.”
- “Fishers of men is who Jesus said He would make us to be. (Matthew 4:18) If we are going to follow Jesus then our hearts must beat for the lost.”
- “We (the church) have a HUGE responsibility – we are here because we are personally responsible for the evangelization of the entire world before the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.”
- “I believe the church is about to checkmate the devil!”
- “John 17:14-18, Jesus prayed that His followers would not be taken out of the world…but too many of us are trying to do just that! IT IS VERY HARD TO CHANGE A WORLD THAT YOU ARE NOT IN!!!”
- “Christianity is not a behavioral modification program.”
- “We don’t need to FEAR the darkness but rather dominate it!”
- I could go on and on…you should listen to it on Tuesday at a web service OR download the podcast.
- REALLY looking forward to being on the West Coast tomorrow with this crew…can’t believe I get to be here!
- There are only around 100 tickets left for Unleash (we opened additional seats in a video venue, I blogged about it here.) And folks…once they’re gone…they’re gone! (I CAN’T WAIT!)
- This morning this thought hit me, “HE SAVED ME!!!” And seriously…I could not get past it! I was blind but now I see, I was lost but now I am found, I was dead and now I am alive…ALL BECAUSE OF HIM!!! I’ve NEVER gotten past the cross…and am BLOWN AWAY because HIS GRACE REALLY IS FREAKING AMAZING!!!
I love you NewSpring Church…I am amazed that I get to do what I do…and I cannot see what happens next!
Perry Noble is the founding and senior pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, Greenville and Florence, South Carolina. At just nine years old, the church averages over 10,000 people during weekend services and is launching another campus in Columbia, South Carolina. Perry is convicted about speaking the truth as plainly as possible. A prolific blogger, he’s also the author of Blueprints: How to Build Godly Relationships.
Used with permission from Perry Noble.