Okay, let’s be honest…
Many of us have used technology as an excuse (or even a white lie) for not getting back to people on time, especially those we’re trying to avoid.
Recently in line at a coffee shop, I overheard someone explaining to their “friend” of why they didn’t return their phone call. She said, “My battery died last night”. Now, this could have definitely been the case with this particular lady. It just seemed odd since she was so tech savvy on the phone and appeared to be pretty addicted to the object. Somehow, I doubt that she would ever not leave her phone uncharged. Just saying.
What are some of the best technology excuses you’ve used (I mean, “heard”)?
Here are some of my favorites:
- “My text notification (or phone) was set on silent.”
- “I ran out of text messages for the month.”
- “I lost internet connection.”
- “Your email went into my spam folder for some reason.” (Like we actually check our spam folder.)
- “I was being chased by Bill Gates for using Apple. I didn’t have time to respond.”
You get the point. Please share.