What an amazing leadership retreat this weekend. So proud of the way our staff went the extra mile and then some. At the end of the day, I think all of our leaders were challenged to go “all in.” And that is what it takes if you want to accomplish great things for God.
Remember the story of Achan and the battle of Ai? The Israelites lose that battle because one person wasn’t all in. He had stolen some of the plunder and buried it beneath his tent. But if everyone is all in, look out. Our small group and ministry leaders are major shareholders in NCC, but I feel like God challenged all of us to make sure we’re all in.
I talked about our vision in my session. Our 2020 vision is 20 locations and $2 million given to missions annually. But I used the imagery of Joshua 8:18 to talk about where we’re headed in 2011.
Then the Lord said to Joshua, “Point your spear toward Ai.”
We are pointing our spear in a few directions this next year:
1) We’ll launch our 7th location in Maryland in September.
2) I believe we’re on the verge of having a 24/7 ministry center in SE DC.
3) We’ll begin planning and permitting for our new campus on Capitol Hill.
4) We need another location on Capitol Hill that will accommodate our growth until our new campus gets built.
5) Finally, we’re pointing the spear toward Berlin, Germany where we’ll launch our first international campus.