I’m entering an intense season of writing and I’m feeling what I call the “writing pains.” I believe in this next book as much as any book I’ve written, but sometimes when you feel a book on a deep level it’s almost tougher to write it. Praying for a writing anointing!
Here are a few of my writing habits and writing philosophy:
1) I write in the early AM because my mind is clear.
2) I try to schedule writing days so I can write for half a day uninterrupted.
3) I write with my shoes off to remind me that it’s holy ground.
4) I’m a perfectionist so I measure every word over and over again.
5) I try to work on one chapter at a time.
6) My goal is to get the content 80% of the way there then send to my editor.
7) Typing on a keyboard is one way I worship God.
8) If I didn’t have a deadline I’d never finish a book.
9) I don’t just write books I try to pray books.
10) I feel as called to write as I do to pastor. That’s the only reason I write.