Improving your content will help you engage your audience. I’ve decided to give away my secrets. Here are 10 ways to generate better content:
- Tell stories. The stories about YOU are the best.
- Create compelling headlines. I scan headlines and only read the articles with headlines that grab my attention.
- Make it scannable. Think bullets, lists, bold type, subheadings, pull quotes, etc.
- Use pictures and video. Keep videos under 4 minutes whenever possible.
- Become a thought leader. That means you need to start reading something that doesn’t come from another pastor’s blog. And you need to create time to think.
- Meet reader’s needs. You have to develop relationships with your readers to figure this out.
- Generate a reaction or prompt an action. Move people or frustrate people.
- Be vulnerable. Share what you’re learning, including the successes and the mistakes.
- Use humor. Like this.
- Keep it brief. I don’t read long articles on the Web no matter who writes them.
Oh, and #11, start a conversation. What would you add to the list?