One year ago today, we launched a movement.
A movement of people daring to believe that God still has the ability to accomplish the impossible, if only we will have the faith to believe Him for it. A movement of people who believe that the stories of the Bible are not just a report of what God once did in and through other people, but an indication of what He still wants to do in and through us.
Many have joined the movement, and these are some of the incredible things people have seen God do over the past year:
- Back in September I was faced with the scariest thing in all my life. My doctor had discovered a splenic artery aneurism. I spoke with my pastor and he led me to your Sun Stand Still message. The doctors here gave me a 50/50 chance of even coming out of surgery and if I did make it through they said I would loose my spleen and 1/3 of my pancreas. I prayed a Sun Stand Still Prayer one week before my surgery and God answered with the greatness only He could give. The report from the doctors was once they opened me up, they moved the organs side to side to look around and guess what!? The aneurism popped out in front of them like a shiny new quarter. They clamped both sides and removed it and all of the organs were saved! I was in surgery for about 5 hours and went home 4 days later and was back at work 5 days after that. I would have never guessed God would do something like that for me but it goes to show that nothing is impossible with God.
- God has made the sun stand still in my life. At the age of 27 I have lost a dad to addiction, a brother to addiction, and for the past two years I have fought and marched tirelessly to warn off opiate addiction in my own life. In January of this year, I decided to do whatever it took to not take opiate medication any longer. I went through two months of tormenting withdraw and agony. But God totally took the addiction away from me.
- Last February I read Sun Stand Still and posted my prayer on the Sun Stand Still website. While I listed several prayer requests – the one heaviest on my heart was that God would restore our family…and he has!!
- Sun Stand Still prayer answered! Diagnosed with breast cancer this time last year. Had chemo. Had surgery. Had radiation. Had a CLEAR mammogram today. Praise GOD!
- Our Sun Stand Still prayer has been answered. Told we’d never have kids. Now we’re pregnant!
Those are just a handful of the hundreds of stories we have received since Sun Stand Still released. And they’re just the beginning. God still has bigger things ahead for all of us. Keep praying impossible prayers. Keep expecting impossible results.
The same God who made the sun stand still for Joshua and for the people above can still make the sun stand still in your life as well.