God is really blessing us at Transformation Church (TC).
Since we launched on Super Bowl Sunday, 2010, 897 precious people have committed their lives to Jesus and His Kingdom through TC (as of March 26, 2012).
God has grown us from 178 people into a multi-ethnic, multi-generational, multi-site congregation of over 1800 that is on mission with Jesus.
This is simply breath-taking. We are constantly in awe of what God is doing through us at TC.
I’m often asked, “What about discipleship? How are you discipling all those people?”
And my response is, “We’re growing because Transformation Church is all about worship as a lifestyle, discipleship as a way of life, and being on mission with Jesus is who we are. Just as God is triune, our ministry model is triune.”
Then I will say, “The same Gospel that justifies the lost is the same Gospel that sanctifies and glorifies the disciple of Jesus. The non-Christian and Christ-follower both need Jesus. We are all about Jesus and His Gospel of grace that produces life-transformation.”
HOW DO WE DO DISCIPLESHIP?
We have a theology of incorporation at TC that we want people who are committed to the vision of TC to participate in. We refer to this as “The 5 Characteristics of a Transformer.” We call members of TC “Transformers.” That’s just another name for “disciples” or “students” of Jesus.
Here are the 5 Characteristics of a Transformer:
- Worship. All of life is worship.
- Connect: Participate in a Transformation Group where adults and children disciple and mentor one another through a sermon-based curriculum. This is where people form relationships and community and cheer each other on in the faith.
- Serve: Every member at TC has a ministry role of serving in TC within our ministry model and we equip Transformers to see their jobs and schools as serving Jesus.
- Give: If Jesus has your heart, He has your wallet. We teach a theology of generosity and biblical stewardship.
- Invite: We equip Transformers to be missionaries who live an inviting life that attracts those who are yet to follow Jesus.
We also have a monthly leadership-development class for leaders who are emerging at TC. Several staff and high capacity servant-leaders (volunteers) have been birthed out of our monthly leadership development classes.
A FEW ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS
We are about relationships, not programs. People disciple people, not programs.
We are about the Gospel and how the Gospel is to be integrated into every facet of life.
We are investing into people who want to grow and not chasing people who don’t.
According to Jesus, a disciple loves “God with all their mind, soul, and strength, and they love their neighbors as they love themselves” (Mark 12:29-31).
At TC, we call this Upward (Love God Completely), Inward (Love self Correctly), Outward (love neighbor Compassionately).
Discipleship is joining the Holy Spirit in shepherding people to live Upward, Inward, Outward lives for the glory of Jesus, their joy, and for the sake of broken and hurting world.
Marinate on that,