Back in December I put out THIS LIST of the top 10 books I would recommend, and since then people have asked a few times what books have I read and enjoyed since then. Below, in no particular order, is my answer.
1. Rise of the Nones by James Emery White – if you want to reach the next generation you MUST read this book…seriously!!!
2. The Heart of Leadership by Mark Miller – one of the top five leadership books I’ve ever read—period!
3. Chasing Jesus by Dr. Ron Charles – a very different and interesting perspective on the life of Jesus.
4. God-Sized Vision by Collin Hansen and John D. Woodbridge – I heard JD Greear mention this book in a sermon, bought it…and could not put it down!! It is on what happened historically in some of the great awakenings that have happened all over the world!!!
5. Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo – I heard this one was controversial, so…I bought it, read it and really liked it. (Here is my blog post on what I wrote about the controversy).
6. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey – A “Leadership Classic” that I had never read…but now would recommend for every leader.
7. How To Be Rich by Andy Stanley – It’s ANDY!! I’m biased…but I think just about anything he writes is awesome!!!
8. Who Is This Man by John Ortberg – ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS ON THE PERSON OF JESUS EVER—EVER!!!
9. The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn – Had a friend recommend this one to me. It’s fiction, sort of…has some end times themes and prophetic language. Was an interesting read.
10. Boundaries for Leaders by Dr. Henry Cloud – If you are a leader you have GOT TO READ THIS BOOK—PERIOD!!