1.Begin asking Jesus to reveal where you fall short as a spouse and then begin to work on YOUR PART…as opposed to being the person who always points out where the other person falls short.
2. COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER (and not about each other!) Have a conversation with your spouse and ask them what is the one thing they see in you that they wish you would work on. (By the way…the ONLY way this works is if you apply James 1:19 before the conversation!!! Don’t argue, don’t explain things away…just listen!)
3. Do not believe the lie that your marriage is too far gone and that it would be better to start over with someone new.
4. DATE NIGHT!!! (Just the two of you, NO KIDS!)
5. Read a marriage book together. Some of the ones I would recommend are…
- His Needs Her Needs by Willard F. Harley
- Love And War by John and Stacy Eldredge
- Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- For Women Only By Shaunti Feldhahn
- For Men Only By Jeff and Shaunti Feldhahn
6. If you are not into books then you can read some of the following blog articles I have written in the past and use them to talk through on a date night.