10. When someone compliments you about something you have, give it to them.
11. When standing in a check-out line, put some money into one of the reputable organizations that have a non-profit container.
12. Save coins for a month or two and then give it to a special organization.
13. Most grocery stores sell nonperishable food for the local food bank at the register. Purchase a few cans or boxes.
14. Clean someone’s house or apartment for free.
15. Wash someone’s car.
16. Baby-sit for someone so they can go run errands or have a date night.
17. Go to a senior citizen’s home and visit.
18. Give a Bible to someone.
19. Donate your hair to Locks of Love. They make wigs for sick children.
20. Gather up your, “I just don’t need to own this” DVD’s and donate them to a senior center or a nursing home.
The more you practice generosity, the more it will become natural. Hopefully, you will eventually love it.
But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness, and in the love we have kindled in you, see that you also excel in this grace of giving. 2 Corinthians 8:7 NIV
What are your ideas about how we can be generous?