New Year of Ministry GOAL #4: We will deploy more people in ministry and develop more leaders.
When your members get involved in ministry, they are far more likely to become bringers. And the more leaders you have involved in ministry, the more your members feel connected and cared for. Your church’s capacity to grow increases as people leave their seats to serve others.
• How can you help people discover their unique, God-given SHAPE for ministry?
• How can you make people aware of all the opportunities there are to serve?
• How can you open more opportunities for people to serve?
New Year of Ministry GOAL #5: We will fulfill the Great Commission locally, globally and cross-culturally.
The end game of making more disciples is making more disciples. We reach one more for Jesus so that the family of God grows and becomes more influential in reaching a lost generation with the good news. There are still thousands of unreached people groups in the world, and when the body of Christ works together, we can get busy reaching them.
Every local church is responsible for reaching the world. We can’t leave it to denominations and parachurch organizations. Your church is part of the solution.
• How can you invest more funds into missions?
• How can you personally connect with every mission field you support?
• How can you send more people on mission trips this year?
• How can your church partner with a local church in another nation?
Obviously, these five goals revolve around the five biblical purposes of the church, which never change and remain constant in any culture. Every year, re-evaluate and re-align your structure and strategy to fulfill God’s purposes in your surrounding culture.