Groups can become apathetic. When they do you’ll know it. These are some indicators that your group has become completely indifferent.
1. Group members use to bring home-made snacks, now they bring packaged cookies and cakes from Kroger (and sometimes the package is already opened).
2. Excuses for not attending the meeting include, “The finals of Sing-Off are on tonight.” “Our dog was neutered today.” or “I got a massage and I’m just too relaxed to leave the house.”
3. When you ask a question during the Bible study time the answer is always… “Jesus.”
4. The only conflict the group experiences is when discussing if a meeting should be cancelled (and the majority of the group are demanding the group not meet).
5. Your dog won’t even bark when group members show up for the meeting.
6. When a group member has a death in the family, rather than the group dropping by to console and care for the family the other group members send a text that reads, “If you need anything, call me.”