8. I will practice my singing and/or instrument regularly.
- Great worship team members are better this year then they were last year.
- Great team members work on growing by practicing regularly, taking lessons, and watching and learning from great worship videos.
9. I will wear the appropriate clothes for the dress code.
- I never want my clothes to be a distraction to our worship times.
- My general advice is to develop a dress code that is modest and culturally relevant to your congregation.
10. I will grow in my love for the Lord and live a godly lifestyle.
- This is the last commandment but it is the most important. Loving God with your whole heart and life is the core of worship.
- Living a life that is pleasing to God opens up the door for God’s blessing on your life. Don’t allow sin to ruin that. Repent and get back on track!
- Great worship team members are more than volunteers. They are serving in worship ministry because of the calling and gifting of God in their lives.
Question: What points have I missed? Are you a great worship team member? What areas can you improve on?
This article about great worship team members originally appeared here.