1. Video is the #1 information delivery tool in the world today. With over 3-billion videos viewed on Youtube every day and 80 million hours of videos being watched daily the impact of video on the mission of the church is immense. Video is no longer just about entertaining, it’s a proven information delivery tool.
2. Video holds attention better. Video is visually interactive which helps hold the attention of the viewer better resulting in greater retention and application of what is being communicated.
3. Video helps your church be relevant: What will people in your audience be thinking about this coming weekend? Would you like to illustrate a point using a football video clip? Want to inspire people to invest their life in something that will outlive them using a clip about Steve Jobs? Video helps you intersect with where your people already are emotionally, in order to speak life-changing truth into their lives.
4. Video content is plentiful and inexpensive. Engaging your audience with a video that relates to your topic has never been easier, and Youtube has proven time and time again that video content does not have to be Hollywood quality to communicate effectively and impact the human heart. Instead of thinking what Verbal illustration can you use, think what Video illustration can you use.
5. Video shapes your demographic. Like worship song choice, the regular use of video over time helps to shape your audience and attract a younger demographic, especially young families in the 30-something and under demographic.