- If you’re going in cars or vans, have teams split up. Have them come up with fun
- Give team members matching-colored headbands.
- Make sure every team has a camera phone.
- Have a rule that everyone needs to be in the picture (unless no one else is around to take it).
- Set a specified amount of time. One hour usually works great. Then kids can come back and view all the pics in your meeting place.
- Give away team prizes and random individual prizes. (For example, guy who got the most “no’s” from strangers. Girl who didn’t hesitate when asked to volunteer to eat the worm.)
This article by Erik Williams about a youth ministry scavenger hunt originally appeared here.