I love this photo from stick world. It reminds me of my tendency to be selfish, prideful, and quick to judge. Man I sound like a horrible person. I’m probably the only one that does this. (sarcasm or self deprecation)
Anyway… here’s what I do when I’m on that line.
1. Be quick to listen slow to speak.
2. Sleep on it.
3. Seek counsel without turning it into gossip. Tip: speak of the circumstance without naming names.
4. Ask the person to bring clarity.
5. Put myself in their shoes.
6. Believe the best and not the worst.
7. Switch 3 with 4 in my steps.