Lately I’ve been thinking about leadership more than usual. I thought I’d share some of the questions I’ve been asking myself for a couple of reasons: 1) they may be questions worth asking yourself, too. and, 2) I would love to hear any insight you may have regarding some of them. While some may sound rhetorical, and may actually have been in the past, I am really asking myself some honest questions.
– Is leadership over-rated? I have landed on “yes” as my answer, but still chewing on this one (so, maybe this question is rhetorical)
– Why does everybody talk about “servant leadership”, yet so few people really model it? Why is servant leadership so hard for me to display?
– Is leadership more science or art? How fluid does leadership need to be….if at all?
– In what ways, if at all, have all the “business-influenced” books, seminars, strategies etc. hurt the church, and Christian leaders?
– And here’s the biggie: As youth ministry continues to morph/revert back to a more organic, relational, less programatic atmosphere, is traditional leadership needed less….or more than ever?