Volunteers. Without them, ministry would come to a screeching halt.
When we show volunteers appreciation, we are showing how much we value them. How can you show them just how much they mean to you? Dinner at a 5 star restaurant? A trip to Hawaii? A new Benz to drive to church? A gold watch with their name engraved on it? They’re certainly worth that and more…but not sure if a Children’s Ministry budget could accommodate the expense. If your Children’s Ministry budget can…then I’d like to talk to you and find out what you’re doing. On a more serious note, here are 5 simple, big impact ways you can show your volunteers how much you value them.
- Personally thank them for serving. Face-to-face. Look them in the eye and sincerely let them know how much you appreciate them. This means walking around and purposely connecting with them week in and week out as they serve.
- Write them a handwritten thank you note. In the day of digital communication, a handwritten note means the world to a volunteer.
- Bring them their favorite snack. When they join your team, find out what candy, snack, etc. they like. Surprise them with it one weekend.
- Wish them a happy birthday on their Facebook page. Write a note with it and share how much you appreciate them as a person.
- Brag on them in front of someone else.
What are some other simple ways you show volunteers you appreciate them?