1 Timothy paints a wonderful picture of leadership as it pertains to the life of a Christian. If any of us aspire to lead others (which we all should), we must take the contents of 1 Timothy to heart and evaluate our lives from the inside out. I think we should do the same for our social media posts.
What does your social media say about you?
1) Are your posts above reproach? (1 Timothy 3:2)
2) Are your posts nonviolent and not arrogantly confrontational? (1 Timothy 3:3)
3) Are your posts managed well and full of respect? (1 Timothy 3:4)
4) Are your posts put above time with God, or your family? (1 Timothy 3:5)
5) Are your posts non-arrogant? (1 Timothy 3:6)
6) Are your posts respected, and do they portray a good name? (1 Timothy 3:7)
7) Are your posts sincere? (1 Timothy 3:8)
8) Are your posts reflecting your faith in God’s truth? (1 Timothy 3:9)
Ask yourself these questions and evaluate your social posts. Why? Because out of the abundance of the heart a man posts. (Luke 6:45)