NEW INSTRUMENTS IN PRACTICE
• Lead your drummer to use mallets on the cymbals for the slow part of the song to create dark orchestral swells to add emotion.
• Ask your bass player to play the glockenspiel for a song that doesn’t need bass.
• Instruct your drummer to use brushes on a slow 6/8-song to help create a softer element in a song.
• Have your acoustic guitar player play the tambourine on their thigh like they are clapping.
• Lend out your Cajon to a young person who has good rhythm; invite them to play the next week.
• Strip down the stage to acoustic guitar, high-strung acoustic guitar, accordion, cajon and Fender Rhodes.