Steve Jobs, one of the world’s most influential inventors, died today. If you have the slightest interest in pursuing a personal vision, this 15 minute video is a must watch. And if Steve Job’s innovation has impacted your life, you will like these three life lessons even more.
Life Lesson #1: FUTURE ORIENTATION- You have to trust in something.
- Trust that it will all work out in the end.
- Dropping out of college allowed me to “drop in” on what I wanted to learn.
- Most of what I stumbled in on turned out to be priceless down the road.
- Trust that the dots will connect down the road.
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only looking backwards.
Life Lesson #2: LOSS AND LOVE- You have got to find what you love.
- I was lucky I found what I love to do early in life
- After 10 years and building a 2 billion dollar company with 4000 employees I got fired.
- I had been rejected but I was still in love.
- It turned out that getting fired from apple was the best thing that ever happened to me.
- The heaviness of being successful as replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again; I was less sure about everything.
- It freed me to enter the most creative period of my life.
- And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
Life Lesson #3: DEATH – Your time is limited, so don’t waste it.
- When I was 17 I read a quote, “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you will most certainly be right.”
- I have looked myself in the mirror every morning and asked myself, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?”
- Remembering that I will be dead soon is the most important tool I have ever encountered to help me make the big decisions in life.
- You are already naked, there is no reason not to follow your heart.
- Death is the destination we all share.
- Death is the best invention of life. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition- everything else is secondary.
- Stay hungry, stay foolish.