5 PM – MOTHERS AND SONS ARRIVE.
1. Event coordinators:
- Greet everyone
- Hand out individual Event Schedule Cards which include mother & son(s) names, lane number, a couple of conversation starters, flow of the evening and explanation about submitting their highest score for a chance to win a prize
- Point everyone to the spot where they can have their picture taken.
- You might want to include information about an upcoming event that unchurched folks might be interested to check out (Easter service, VBS or something else). If they have a great time at the bowling event, they might be open to explore what else your church has to offer for families.
2. Photographer takes people’s photographs capturing their team spirit.
3. After they had their picture taken, mothers and sons go inside to get their shoes and start bowling.
6 PM – PIZZA PARTY
- The bowling alley that we rented had a spacious VIP room where people could enjoy pizza and drinks. The time was unhurried and relaxed which allowed moms to have a chance to connect with their boys.
- Around 6:15 PM we announced the winners of the Team Spirit contest and gave them a prize.