I’m a busy pastor. Even though I never can complete my to-do list, I must never let this one to-do slip, my walk with Jesus. Technology supports my spiritual disciplines as I use my Mac, iPad, and iPhone in tandem. I use a Bible journaling app that helps me journal more consistently.
My Bible Journaling App – DayOne
Journaling, a classic spiritual discipline, keeps me spiritually sharp in these ways.
- I can record what God is doing in my life.
- I can cut and past key scriptures from my bible app, Olivetree.
- I can process my frustrations and get them off my mind.
- I can look back over the past to see good or bad trends in my life.
- I am leaving a record of my life should my kids and their kids and their kids’s kids want to read about me when I’m gone.
The app I use is DayOne. I’ve used several journaling apps before and this one tops the list for these reasons.
- It’s available on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone and it syncs via DropBox (or iCloud).
- Because it’s on all three, I can add to that day’s journal at any time (I’m never without either my iPhone or iPad).
- It’s simple and intuitive.
- It provides a calendar so I can see what days I journaled (and the days I skipped).
- It allows me star an entry that I want to stand out.
Check out the tool and see if it helps you. Also, do you recommend any apps that have helped your walk with Christ?
Charles Stone has been sing the DayOne Bible journaling app for nearly a decade. THis article originally appeared here, and is used bby permission.