In 2017, Proverbs 31 Ministries head Lysa TerKeurst announced that due to her husband Art’s infidelity and lack of repentance, she had no other option but to seek a divorce. And the pain their family was in left them reeling. Her shocking announcement went viral, but was mostly met with love, prayers and support from her followers.
New Developments for Lysa TerKeurst’s Marriage
Recently, Lysa TerKeurst posted on her Facebook page surprising and hopeful news.
Her message reads: “A gift. A hard prayed for and fought for, glorious, messy, miraculous, honest, treasured gift of together. Happy Father’s Day, Art! The way you have pursued the Lord, healing, and us… is evidence of God’s supernatural grace and goodness. I’m praying for everyone praying for a miracle today. God has a plan but it will probably unfold in a way you never thought it would.”
Churchleaders.com reached out to Lysa for an interview but we were declined because of her schedule issues. So we’re left to wonder: Is the TerKeurst marriage restored? What is the work that Art and Lysa have done to achieve the “treasured gift of together”?
For now, we’re left to glean from Lysa’s prolific social media posts for her 1.1 million Facebook fans. What’s the hard work Lysa refers to in her above post?
- Be there for one another when the bottom falls out. Lysa has dealt with treatment for breast cancer this last year. And Art has been present.
2. Trust that God is with you in the midst of the messiness of life.
3. Forgiveness is never a one-time thing. Forgive again and again.
4. Cling to God.
5. Be empathetic toward others even when they’re in the wrong.
6. Humbly acknowledge your own issues and failings.
7. Trust God completely.
8. Believe that God can do the impossible.
9. Maintain a positive attitude.
10. Don’t expect perfection.
This isn’t some kind of formula that if you do these 10 things then God will restore whatever you’ve lost. Far from it. Rather, it’s a peek into the life of a public person who’s willing to authentically share her life. We’re grateful that we can learn from Lysa TerKeurst’s marriage and life. And we’re eager to hear more about what God is doing in the TerKeurst marriage in the days to come.