Stupid questions don’t exist, right? Well, keep reading and you might change your mind.
Life gets serious. Life gets long. And sometimes life gets boring. So to lighten the mood and add a little laughter to your days, it helps to focus on simpler things.
Often, youth workers face life’s hard questions. Although it helps to exercise our minds and come up with the right answers, we don’t always need to be so serious. That’s where stupid questions for youth groups come in.
93 Stupid Questions for Youth Ministry Icebreakers
Are you hoping to get a laugh and share smiles with teens? Or do you need a way to spark fun conversations with new people? Then this list of stupid questions to ask might be the right remedy. So de-stress during youth group and lighten the mood with silly, stupid questions.
Random Stupid Questions
First up, these stupid questions beg for an answer. But the answers don’t have to make sense. Asking these random nonsense questions can lighten a conversation and make way for laughter. But the icebreakers also might help kids learn more about others.
Try asking these stupid questions while you’re hanging out or sharing a meal. They’re sure to spark fun conversations that keep kids talking for hours on end.
- What are three things you could buy at a grocery store to make the cashier give you weird looks?
- If you could replace all the grass in the world with something else, what would it be and why?
- If animals could talk, which species would be the rudest of all?
- If you could merge two different animals to create the ultimate animal, what two animals would it be? What would be their product?
- Would you rather own a horse the size of a cat or a cat the size of a mouse?
- If you were suddenly arrested for no reason and your face was flashed all over the news, what would your family and friends assume you did?
- If you were to appoint a president of the internet, who would it be and why?
- If you were in charge of creating a brand-new global holiday, what would you name it and how would you celebrate? When would it occur?
- You can make one of your body parts detachable without any negative repercussions. What part would it be, and why?
- Your life is now a video game. What are some cheat codes you can use, and what do they do?
- How many chickens would it take to kill a lion?
- Brushing your teeth or wiping your behind – you must give one up. Which would it be and why?
- The zombie apocalypse has begun! You have an SUV and a baseball bat. Where are you going first?
- What’s the worst tagline you can think of for a wart-removal cream?
- What outrageous conspiracy theory might actually be a logical argument?
- During the apocalypse, would it be better to live on your own or in a community?
- Someone cast a spell, turning you into an inanimate, non-electronic object for a year. To be changed back into human form before the year is up, you need at least 100 people to touch you. What inanimate object would you be?
- You land in an asylum. What do you say to people to prove you don’t belong inside?
- You found a time machine that took you back 600 years. All you have are the clothes on your back. How do you tell people you’re from the future?
- What’s the worst thing a person can put on a dating-app bio?
- Would you rather have a disease that makes you say every thought that ever crosses your mind or a disease that makes you react very inappropriately to all the interactions that happen to you and around you?
- You’re now a superhero with an unlikely power. Is it the ability to shoot meatballs out of your nostrils or to create force fields but only around ants?
- If your pet could talk, what’s one thing they could say that would completely ruin your image?
- What’s something that doesn’t smell great but you keep wanting to smell anyway?
- You’re now the president but can make only changes that improve the lives of cats in your jurisdiction. What three things would you change to support the felines in your community?
- You’ve just won an all-expense paid trip to anywhere in the world. But you can go only if you take three people you dislike. Who are they and where are you going?
- If you had three extra siblings, what would be your birth order, and what personalities would you like them to have?
- You’ve been alone on a desert island for nearly a decade and finally return to civilization. You’re handed the keys to the presidential suite in a 5-star hotel. What do you do first – use the shower or sleep in the king-sized bed?
- You’re homeless and have only one choice of clothing – a tattered, oversized white shirt with very thin fabric and lots of holes, or an extremely tight flesh-colored set of underwear. What’ll it be?
- The local library has banned you. What would be the reason?
- If you could change your name at this very moment but it couldn’t contain any odd-numbered letters in the alphabet, what name would you choose?
- If you could change what falls from the sky every time it rains, what would it be and why? Note: It can’t be anything of significant value.