Here is a great Thanksgiving tradition parents can start with their children.
- plain white tablecloth
- fabric markers
- Before you bring out the food, place the white tablecloth over your table.
- Have each person place their hand on the table.
- Have each person use a fabric marker to trace the outline of their hand on the tablecloth.
- Have each person write a few things they are thankful for inside their hand trace and the year it is. Help younger children as needed.
- Go around the table and have each person share what they wrote in their hand trace.
Save the tablecloth and bring it out each year and repeat the steps. For parents, they will be able to see their child’s hand grow in size each year.
Close out the activity with prayer. Ask each person to put their hand back on their drawing and thank God in prayer for their blessings.
Share this with your church families this week and you’ll empower them with this great Thanksgiving activity that they can use to make Thanksgiving spiritual memories for years to come.