Maybe your church is looking for Christian Easter quotes or Easter sayings for church signs this time of year? We’ve got you covered! Or use these Easter quotes for a sermon to add a dash of spice. Try any of these 15 spiritual Easter quotes.
Christian Easter Quotes
- Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.
~ Clarence W. Hall
2. We live and die; Christ died and lived!
~ John Stott
3. Do not abandon yourselves to despair: We are the Easter people, and Hallelujah is our song.
~ Pope John Paul II
4. Christ has not only spoken to us by his life, but has also spoken for us by his death.
~ Soren Kierkegaard
5. The stone was rolled away from the door, not to permit Christ to come out, but to enable the disciples to go in. ~ Peter Marshall
6. If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.
~ 1 Corinthians 15:14
7. Jesus did not die on the cross just so we could live comfortable, well-adjusted lives. His purpose is far deeper: He wants to make us like himself before he takes us to heaven. This is our greatest privilege, our immediate responsibility and our ultimate destiny.
~ Rick Warren
8. Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. ~ Martin Luther
9. Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.
~ Watchman Nee
10. Easter is always the answer to “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me!”
~ Madeleine L’Engle
11. We must not forget that it wasn’t the Jews that put him on the cross, and it wasn’t the Romans. It was my sins, it was your sins, the sins of this world.
~ Franklin Graham
12. A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me.
~ Andrew Murray
13. Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, “Christ is risen,” but, “I shall rise.”
~ Phillips Brooks
14. “He is risen; He is not there.” ~ Mark 16:6
15. “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
~ Jesus Christ – John 11:25, 26
7 Anonymous but Powerful Spiritual Easter Quotes
1. It wasn’t nails that held him to the cross but his love for you and me.
2. Easter is the time to rejoice and be thankful for the gift of life, love, and joy.
3. Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart.
4. 1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given
5. He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, and by his wounds we are healed.
6. It’s not about the bunny, it’s about the Lamb.
7. Jesus didn’t say “I am finished.” He said, “It is finished.” He was just getting started.
I hope you enjoyed these religious Easter quotes.