I love pastors and others who serve churches vocationally. But I must admit, I don’t verbalize or write about that love very often. Shame on me. Allow me to take a few moments to articulate some of the reasons I love my pastor.
12 Reasons I Love My Pastor
1. I love my pastor because he studies and preaches the Word faithfully. He is consistent every week.
2. I love my pastor because he is a man of prayer. He knows he cannot lead and shepherd our church in his own power. He is totally dependent on God.
3. I love my pastor because he is always on call. His workweeks are long. He knows his vacations and days off will often be interrupted by crises and deaths, but he doesn’t complain. He views it as a part of his call.
4. I love my pastor because he is there to celebrate my victories and to comfort me in my difficulties. His life is a roller coaster of emotional events, but he remains constant and strong for our church.
5. I love my pastor because he leads our church with a vision. And he constantly seeks to make certain it is God’s vision and not his own.
6. I love my pastor because he endures criticism from church members. And though the critics hurt him, he perseveres and loves them anyway.
7. I love my pastor because he is authentic. He does not act spiritually superior or condescending. The pastor I see in the pulpit is consistent with the pastor I see in other settings.
8. I love my pastor because he bears the burdens of leading many people without complaints or self-pity. He hears of so many challenges and problems in others’ lives, but that does not deter him from listening and praying for us.
9. I love my pastor because he is sacrificial. He seeks to put us church members before himself. He is a selfless man and a grateful man.
10. I love my pastor because he loves to share the gospel and the power of the resurrection. He is truly passionate about seeing those without Christ become followers of the Savior.