Here are my Top 10 guidelines for praise and worship leadership. I have been leading worship teams for 30 years, but I still go back to this list to see what I need to work on!
Drum roll please… Let’s start with #10
Praise and Worship Leadership
10. Never stop growing
- Are you practicing your singing and playing on a daily basis?
- Are you taking lessons and improving your craft and leadership?
- Are you changing and growing with the new trends, styles and songs?
9. Develop your organizational and admin skills
- Are you writing (or buying) great charts for your band?
- Are you running organized and productive rehearsals?
- Are you creating timely schedules for your musicians and planning ahead on the church calendar?
8. Keep working on a good relationship with your pastor
- Do you have a weekly meeting with your pastor?
- Are you supporting your pastor in private and public?
- Have you ever had your pastor and his wife over for dinner?
7. Mentoring is one your most important jobs
- Are you looking for and developing the potential leaders on your team?
- Are you giving room for new leaders to lead a song or worship time?
- Jesus spent over three years developing His team; are you following His example?