I write and talk a lot about healthy small groups. (To see my blogs on the topic, click here.) To review, the seven hallmarks of a healthy group are:
- Healthy, Growing Leader
- Core Team
- Goals & Plans
- Authentic Biblical Community
The result or “fruit” of a healthy group is a group that is: Growing, Reaching Out, and Reproducing.
Three secrets to helping groups become more healthy: (1) look at what God’s Word has to say, (2) openly talk about these issues, and (3) make plans and make changes to be a healthy group.
- They’re designed so that each group only needs 1 (count them, 1!) guide. It’s basically a leader’s guide that includes resources that can be photocopied for group members. What a great deal when finances are tight!
- Each book includes a challenging devotional for the leader, which helps build in healthy group hallmark #2.
- “Between-the-meeting” options help groups be more than just one-day-per-week meetings.
- You can get them all in a bundle to check them out or to be really strategic and order them for all your groups.
- You can now get the series or the individual books as ebooks / digital editions!
- Now you can also get intergenerational supplements for this series! These can be used specifically for the kid’s slot during your meeting. This is HUGE for groups with kids!
- If you are a new group, or you think it’s time to restart, you can use the Launch Into Community Life guide. It’s focused on helping groups start as a healthy group.
For more information on this series or to place an order, go directly to the Community Life Series page or call 1-800-735-5865. Tell them Mike sent you!