1. Gather 3-5 key students and adult volunteers
2. Dream big on what your youth ministry needs. Make sure to have fun. Think like this is your wedding registry or Christmas list. You will be surprise what families are willing to give their youth ministry department
3. Compile all parent and church members email address
4. Email your youth ministry wishlist
5. Don’t be afraid to say no to stuff you will not need. This is NOT an opportunity for families to give you their junk away
6. Make sure to give tax deductible receipts and thank you notes (explaining how their stuff helped the youth ministry) to those families who donated
What items am I forgetting?
What specific items does every student ministry need?
How do you get stuff for your youth ministry for free?
This article originally appeared here.