When you’re teaching the miracles of Jesus for kids, it’s helpful to consider various categories. The Bible records more than 30 of Jesus’ miracles! Through these works, Jesus raised people from the dead, fed thousands, controlled nature, cast out evil spirits, and healed the sick. Even Jesus’ birth was a miracle!
These seven categories below describing miracles of Jesus for kids reveal who our Savior is. Make these Bible accounts a cornerstone of your Sunday school and children’s church lessons.
7 Categories: Miracles of Jesus for Kids
1. Jesus fed thousands of people.
- Jesus fed more than 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish. (Matthew 14:15-21)
- Jesus fed more than 4,000 people with seven loaves and a few small fish. (Matthew 15:32-39)
- Jesus cast an evil spirit out of a man who shouted at him as he taught. (Mark 1:23-28)
- Jesus cast out demons from two men who were so violent that no one could pass through the area where they were. (Mark 8:28-33)
- Jesus cast out a demon from a mute man, and the man was able to speak again. (Matthew 9:32-33)
- Jesus healed a demon-possessed girl whose mother had great faith. (Matthew 15:21-28)
- Jesus cast out a demon from a boy with seizures after his dad asked him to heal him. (Matthew 17:14-21)
3. Jesus healed blind, deaf, sick, injured, and infirm people.
- Jesus healed a government official’s son who was about to die. (John 4:46-47)
- Jesus cured Simon Peter’s mother-in-law of a high fever. (Mark 1:30-31)
- Jesus healed a leper who came to him and asked to be made clean. (Mark 1:40-45)
- Jesus healed a Roman officer’s servant who was paralyzed. (Matthew 8:5-13)
- Jesus healed a paralyzed man whose friends lowered him through the roof of a house where Jesus was teaching. (Matthew 9:1-8)
- Jesus cured a woman who’d bled constantly for 12 years. (Matthew 9:19-22)
- Jesus healed two blind men who followed him by touching their eyes. (Matthew 9:27-30)
- Jesus cured a man who’d been sick for 38 years at the pool of Bethesda. (John 5:1-15)
- Jesus healed a man’s deformed hand. (Matthew 12: 9-14)
- Jesus healed a demon-possessed man who was blind and couldn’t speak. (Matthew 12:22)
- Jesus healed a deaf man with a speech impediment by putting his fingers in the man’s ears and touching the man’s tongue. (Mark 7:31-37)
- Jesus healed a blind man by spitting on the man’s eyes. (Mark 8:22-26)
- Jesus healed a man who’d been born blind by spitting in the dirt and creating a mud to put on the man’s eyes. (John 9:1-34)
- Jesus healed a woman who’d been crippled by an evil spirit for 18 years. (Luke 13:10-13)
- Jesus cured a man of dropsy. (Luke 14:1-4)
- Jesus healed ten lepers. (Luke 17:11-19)
- Jesus healed two blind men on the side or the road by touching their eyes. (Matthew 20: 29-33)
- Jesus healed the high priest’s slave after Peter cut off his right ear. (John 18:10 and Luke 22:47-51)
- At a wedding where the wedding party ran out of wine, Jesus changed water into a good-tasting wine. (John 2:1-11)
5. Jesus controlled the water and other elements of nature.
- Jesus and the disciples were in a fierce storm and Jesus made it stop. (Matthew 8:23-27)
- Jesus made a fig tree wither and never bear fruit again. (Matthew 21:18-22)
- After Simon and his crew has fished all night and caught nothing, Jesus told them to cast their net again. They caught so many fish it almost sunk their boats. (Luke 5:1-11)
- After Jesus rose from the dead, Jesus caused the disciples to catch 153 fish after they’d fished all night and caught nothing. (John 21:1-11)
7. Jesus raised people from the dead, including himself.
- Jesus brought a young man back to life. He was the son of a widow who had no other children. (Luke 7:11-17)
- Jesus brought a synagogue leader’s daughter back to life. (Matthew 9: 18-26)
- Jesus brought Lazarus back to life after he’d been in the grave for four days. (John 11: 1-46)
- Jesus rose from the dead. (Luke 24:5-6)
Looking for more great kidmin ideas? Check out these posts!
This article about the miracles of Jesus for kids originally appeared here.