Easter Sunday school activities are ideal for conveying the good news of Jesus’ resurrection. If you’re running out of creative ideas for Easter, check out the 12 we’ve collected below.
These wide-ranging Easter Sunday school activities also work well in children’s church and at home. From skits and snacks to games and crafts, the ideas will be a hit with children. Best of all? All the activities focus on the real reason for Easter—Jesus, our living Savior.
So check them out and see which Easter activities you can use in your children’s ministry!
12 Easter Sunday School Activities to Try
1. An Easter Story is a powerful (and easy) skit. Help kids learn that Easter isn’t about the Easter Bunny or candy. It’s about Jesus.
2. The Easter Skit: The Old Rabbits’ Home is a clever way of parodying four famous rabbits. Help children understand that Easter isn’t about bunnies!
3. These 3 Easter Snacks for your ministry make memorable lessons about Jesus’ death and resurrection.
4. Easter is the perfect time to celebrate Jesus’ love with families in your church and community. Use this unique and meaningful scavenger hunt to teach the true point of Easter.
5. Your entire congregation can enjoy this Easter Cross Garden on Easter morning. Kids place crosses in the church lawn. It’s a wonderful surprise gift to your church and community in remembrance of Christ’s resurrection.
6. These Easter Egg Prayers transform something children are used to seeing at Easter—plastic eggs into a meaningful celebration of Jesus’ sacrifice and the hope of his resurrection.
Easter Games and Giveaways
7. The Easter Jelly Bean Walk is a fun game for kids with meaning. You’ll give each child a bag of color-coded jelly beans that tell part of the Gospel story. Plus there’s a key they can use to share with others.
8. There great thing about these 6 Easter Giveaways is that kids will use them to share the Gospel with friends, family, and neighbors.