What is a believer? (Warning: The answer might shake up your faith.) You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. James 2:19
What Is a Believer and What Is a Christian?
Here are 10 differences between a believer and a Christian.
- A believer believes in Jesus. A Christian follows his commands.
- A believer goes to church on holidays. A Christian knows that a church community is the paradigm for their faith.
- A believer reads their Bible when things get tough. A Christian reads their Bible regularly.
- A believer prays when things get tough. A Christian gives thanks no matter the circumstance.
- A believer twists the Bible to fit his or her lifestyle. A Christian works to make his or her lifestyle resemble the teachings of the Bible.
- A believer will sacrifice when it’s convenient. A Christian will sacrifice no matter the potential outcome.
- A believer tithes when there is no risk. A Christian will tithe no matter the risk.
- A believer conforms under the pressure of culture. A Christian holds fast against temptation.
- A believer will share their faith when it’s comfortable. A Christian will share his or her faith regardless of the scenario.
- A believer knows about Jesus. A Christian knows Jesus as his or her Lord and Savior.
This article originally appeared on Jarrid’s website. Jarrid Wilson was a husband, pastor and author relentlessly sharing the love of Jesus. In September of 2019, Jarrid tragically passed away by suicide. He is survived by his wife, Juli, and his two sons, Finch and Denham. His larger than life personality, heart for all people and passion for telling others about the grace and love of Jesus was unmatched, and he is greatly missed by all who knew and loved him. We stand on the promise of Revelation 21:4 that reminds us that in heaven, there is no more sorrow, suffering or death. Hope gets the last word.