Tim Keller offers a group of “questions designed to wake up sleeping Christians” in the following video. His questions focus on three hallmarks of a growing relationship with God.
These questions would make good small group Bible studies or could also be used when mentoring someone one-on-one. They also serve as excellent fodder for self-reflection!
Tim Keller: Evidence of God’s presence in your life
- How real has God been this week to your heart?
- How clear and vivid is your assurance and certainty of God’s forgiveness and fatherly love. To what degree is that real to you right now?
- Are you having any particular seasons of sweet delight in God? Do you really sense his presence in your life? Do you really sense him giving you his love?
Tim Keller: Evidence of Scripture changing you
- Have you been finding Scripture to be alive and active?
- Are you finding certain biblical promises extremely precious and encouraging? Which ones?
- Are you finding God’s calling you or challenging you to something through the word, in what ways?
Tim Keller: Evidence of a growing appreciation for God’s mercy
- Are you finding God’s grace more glorious and moving now than you have in the past?
- Are you conscious of a growing sense of the evil of your heart, and in response, a growing dependence on and grasp of the preciousness of the mercy of God?
You can watch Keller’s full message below: