Bringing up spiritual topics with teens can be challenging. But if you’re a youth leader or parent, it’s in your job description! Talking about faith shouldn’t feel intimidating. Instead, make it part of everyday conversations, ideally beginning when kids are young. To assist with this essential task, we’ve compiled a bunch of questions to ask youth about faith.
Adapt these questions for your teens and for specific situations. They work for youth group gatherings, small-group meetings, icebreakers, teen retreats, one-on-one discussions, car rides, mealtime, and much more.
30 Questions to Ask Youth About Faith
- What adjectives would you use to describe God? to describe God’s love?
2. How has God recently answered one of your prayers?
3. During the past month, what Bible verse (or story) has meant the most to you, and why?
4. When did God become more than a word to you?
5. How will you continue to pursue God after you graduate from our youth group?
6. How would you respond to someone who tells you that all religions are the same?
7. What bugs you the most about sin, and what are you doing in response to that?
8. What aspect of your faith—or which Christian belief—do you struggle with the most, and why?
9. In the future, what part of your faith or faith life do you most want to pass on to your own kids or loved ones?
10. Of all the gifts God has given you, which do you appreciate the most? How do you show your appreciation for it?